NOTE: Our current plan is to limit the group to 16 golfers. Until 28/2/18 first priority in reserving spaces is given to those who book both the Cape Town and Garden Route Tours.
Fly to Cape Town and join an escorted tour of some of the best golf in the Western Cape of South Africa, in warming summer temperatures. This event will be hosted by Terry Rawding.
Arrivals day is 27/1/19, after an overnight flight from the UK. Many clients choose to arrive early to see Cape Town - we can accommodate you in Cape Town or elsewhere and we have a range of options. Erinvale is 40mins from Cape Town airport.
You will quickly recover from your travels at relaxing Erinvale, which includes a Spa. This is a boutique hotel in the Erinvale estate in Somerset West, on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountains and surrounded by vineyards. The estate dates back to a Dutch farmstead in the 1700's and the Erinvale golf course, designed by Gary Player has hosted the World Cup of Golf.
There are only 57 rooms and all were refurbished in 2017. You can relax in the fountain courtyard, surrounded by thatched roof cottages. Or sit by either of the two pools or on the patio, which is the hub of Erinvale. Our clients adore the charm of Erinvale and the service on offer. Dining in is easy, with a choice of the pub menu or the fabulous 1707 menu, but do also let us take you out to dine in our favourite restaurants and wineries in the Somerset West and Stellenbosch areas!
There is time in the schedule for golf and for you to enjoy all of the attractions of Cape Town and the Western Cape or play additional golf! The golf courses are selected to allow you to see the Western Cape and the drives to/from golf, will in themselves be great sightseeing opportunities for golfers and non-golfers.
Only £200pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon!
- 27/01/19 - Arrival day. Transfers from Cape Town airport.
Join us for a Welcome drink and a Braai at Erinvale.
- 28/01/19 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies.
We play early this day and after golf we take you for a wine tasting at Ernie Els vineyard - including a chipping competition!
- 29/01/19 - play Milnerton - includes shared buggies.
Play on a links course with one of the finest views of Table Mountain/Cape Town you can imagine. The course plays up to the Atlantic Ocean!
- 30/01/19 - Rest Day - an opportunity to relax in the sun or to visit Cape Town.
We have reserved tee times at Pearl Valley for those who want more golf!
- 31/01/19 - play Hermanus - includes shared buggies.
A great members course and we stop to see the Penguins at Betty's Bay on the way!
- 01/02/19 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies.
- 02/02/19 - play De Zalze - includes shared buggies.
In the De Zalze Winelands estate and designed by Pete Matkovich the designer of Pinnacle Point and Leopard Rock.
Join our Farewell Dinner, includes wine with dinner.
- 03/02/19 - Departure day. Transfers to Cape Town or Cape Town Airport.
We anticipate many clients will stay on to join the Garden Route Tour and they will need to book 1 more night at Erinvale:
- 03/02/19 - bridge-night between the 2 tours for a second GTAT host to arrive to support the Garden Route tour.
This is another opportunity to visit Cape Town.
7 nights B&B at 4* Erinvale
GTAT 'Goody Bag' - including GTAT Luggage labels
2 dinners, wine included with Farewell Meal
Ernie Els wine tasting
5 rounds of championship golf, including buggies. Erinvale x 2, Milnerton, Hermanus and De Zalze.
Daily Golf to a Tee prizes
Golfer package from £1,394pp
Based on 2 persons sharing a twin Courtyard loft room.
Standard rooms exude a rustic charm in a peaceful setting. Mostly housed in the rendered historic building, the majority of the Courtyard rooms have high thatched roofs. No upgrade cost.
Non-Golfer price £1,049
Supplements apply for:
- Courtyard Luxury ground level - are situated on the ground floor of the hotel’s historic main building; many lead directly onto charming garden patios, and overlook the courtyard. £30 per room per night.
- Garden Loft rooms - situated on the Northern side of the hotel property on the first floor of this wing, overlooking the garden and spa pool area. It faces the majestic Helderberg Mountain and thus offers lovely mountain views. £16 per room per night.
Option 2 — stay early or longer in the Cape Town area
We can offer a choice of hotels. Stay on The Waterfront or let us recommend a 4* hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the Waterfront, but with free Waterfront transfers.
- Airport and golf transfers. Transfer package is available at £144pp for all golf and airport transfers. Non-Golfer transfer package £69pp.
- Supplementary transfer costs apply for rest day golf and Cape Town transfers.
- Room upgrades - vary for Courtyard, Courtyard Luxury and Garden Loft Rooms.
- Rest day golf at Pearl Valley - £94pp + return transfer based on group of 8–10 £30pp = £124pp
- Single Supplements £55pp per night at Erinvale
- Additional nights B&B £84pp based on 2 sharing
Solo golfers, groups and couples and non-golfers are welcomed.