NOTE: Our current plan is to limit the group to 16 golfers.
Fly to Cape Town and join an escorted tour of some of the best golf on the Garden Route of South Africa, in warming summer temperatures. Our tour will take you from Cape Town to Knysna and will be hosted by Terry and Stephanie Rawding.
The return departure day transfer will take you to Cape Town airport or some may choose to fly back from George airport - please discuss this options with us.
After the golf tour, some may decide to stay 2 nights at Botlierskop Game Reserve and we can organise the necessary short transfers from George Airport for you. Some then take the opportunity to have more stops on the way back to Cape Town - just ask us to describe the options available to you.
Arrivals day for the Garden Route tour is 04/02/19, after an overnight flight from the UK. But many on our Cape Town Golf Tour 27/01/19 - 03/02/19, will be joining our Garden Route Golf Tour.
The Garden Route Tour, moving locations and with a driver for the week with us, would perfectly suit a non-golfer, accompanying a golfer and lots of additional sightseeing opportunities can be made available for non-golfers.
Early Arrival Option
If you prefer to arrive a night early to recover from your travels then Erinvale Hotel (or The Lord Charles Hotel), will be the perfect resting place for you. We have reserved rooms on 03/02/18 for those joining both tours and for early arrivals for the Garden Route Tour. You will quickly recover from your travels at relaxing Erinvale, which includes a Spa. This is a boutique hotel in the Erinvale estate in Somerset West, on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountains and surrounded by vineyards. The estate dates back to a Dutch farmstead in the 1700's and the Erinvale golf course, designed by Gary Player has hosted the World Cup of Golf.
04/02/19 Arrival Option
If you choose to arrive on day 1 for the Garden Route Tour (we need you to be on a very early arrival flight) we will collect you from Cape Town airport and call at Erinvale to join the Group transport, before the coach sets off to Garden Court Hotel, Nr. Mossel Bay. The journey from Erinvale will take about 4hrs, but we will break it with a lunch stop at the Old Mill in Swellendam - the 3rd oldest town in South Africa.
The night of 04/02/19 is booked at The Garden Court Hotel - a location chosen because of its proximity to the fabulous Pinnacle Point golf course. The hotel is a modern 3* accommodation, with a casino, bars and a restaurant attached.
On 5/02/19 we give you one of the highlights of your tour, when you play Pinnacle Point. This has to be one of the world's most spectacular golf courses with stunning views and challenges on every hole. Darren Clarke described it as 'the best golf course on the planet'. Shared buggies are included.
On 5/02/19 you move onto 5* Fancourt Resort in George and stay 3 nights here. Fancourt has been voted the World's Best Golf Resort by IAGTO in 2017. Here, dinner on the arrival night is included in your package (credit R320) as is playing 2 rounds on Montagu (rated 2nd best course in the Western Cape) and Outeniqua (rated 8th best course in the Western Cape). If you prefer you could upgrade one of these rounds to Fancourt Links (rated 1st) - a max handicap of 16 applies to the Links and you must walk. Shared buggies are included for 2 rounds of golf in your package. Non-Golfers have 2 x Spa treatments in place of golf.
Fancourt is one of the finest golf resorts in the world, with an exceptional mix of classic elegance and modern luxury - it only has 115 rooms. Your room will be one of the Classic Rooms, but we can upgrade you to stay in luxury suites or even the exclusive Manor House - including your own butler! During your time at Fancourt we will organise at least 1 night to dine out in George. Fancourt (owned by the creator of SAP software) has all of the leisure facilities you would expect from a 5* facility.
On 08/02/19 we move onto to Knysna, a 50 minute journey, with spectacular views on the way. For those of you looking for more golf on the travel day, this can be arranged for you at George Golf Club. For others we can arrange for you to visit an Elephant Reserve later that afternoon.
You will stay 4 nights at 4* Protea Knysna Quay on the Knysna Waterfront, overlooking the magical Knysna Lagoon. The hotel is complete with all of the modern comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel and you step out to a host of great restaurants in Knysna. The first 12 rooms booked will be offered a free Lagoon upgrade.
You will play 1 round at Simola, a Jack Nicklaus Signature course - shared buggies and halfway house lunch are included. From here you have spectacular views of the River, the Lagoon at Knysna and 'The Heads'. You can will also play the 5* Pezula Championship course as a supplementary round - with equally special views of Knysna and the Lagoon - again shared buggies are included. Or take a rest day.
The other round is at Goose Valley a special Gary Player designed course beyond Plettenburg Bay.
A Farwell Meal, with wine after golf is included in your package.
On 12/02/19 we can transfer to George airport or Cape town for onward flights. The Cape Town journey is 5hr transfer, with opportunities for stops.
Or continue your adventures in the Mossel Bay area, with 2 nights at Botlierskop Private Game Reserve where we have just 4 Luxury Tents reserved for 2 nights - see the Option below!
Only £200pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon!
- 04/02/19 - Arrival day. Transfers from Cape Town airport to Garden Court via Erinvale at Somerset West and Swallendam. Stay 3* Garden Court, next door to Pinnacle Point.
- 05/02/19 - play spectacular Pinnacle Point - includes shared buggies. Stay 5* Fancourt Hotel, near George. Dinner included at La Cantina, Fancourt.
- 06/02/19 - play Outeniqua, Fancourt - includes shared buggies. Stay 5* Fancourt Hotel, near George. Choose from 5 different restaurants at Fancourt.
- 07/02/19 - play Montagu, Fancourt - includes shared buggies. We will give you the opportunity to dine out in George.
- 08/02/19 - travel to Knysna. An opportunity for supplementary golf at George. Or a supplementary visit to an Elephant Reserve. Stay 4* Protea Knysna Hotel, Knysna Quay.
- 09/02/19 - play Goose Valley - includes shared buggies. Stay 4* Protea Knysna Hotel, Knysna Quay. We will give you the opportunity to dine out in Knysna.
- 10/02/19 - Rest day in Knysna or play supplementary golf at the challenging Pezula - includes shared buggies. Stay 4* Protea Knysna Hotel, Knysna Quay. We will give you the opportunity to dine out in Knysna.
- 11/02/19 - play Simola - includes shared buggies and half way house lunch. Stay 4* Protea Knysna Hotel, Knysna Quay. Includes farewell Meal, with wine.
- 12/02/19 - Departure day. Transfers to George Airport or Cape Town Airport.
Option 1 - 8 nights B&B in 3 hotels - see itinerary above.
Includes 5 rounds of Championship golf, including buggies Play - Pinnacle Point, Fancourt x 2, Simola and Goose Valley. With more playing opportunities on rest days.
Arrival Fancourt Meal (excluding drinks) and Farewell Meal including wine.
Daily Golf to a Tee Prizes
Golfer package from £1,594pp
Based on 2 persons sharing a twin room.
Non-Golfer price £1,354pp - includes 2 x Spa Treatments at Fancourt in place of the 2 x Golf Rounds
Supplements apply for room upgrades.
Option 2 — from 12/02/19 stay 2 nights at Botlierskop Game Reserve, near Mossel Bay. Depart 14/02/19.
A package cost of £509pp.
Based on 2 persons sharing a twin Luxury Tent
We have 4 twin room tents reserved.
The cost includes:
- Day 1: Arrival drink, Lunch, Game Drive and Dinner
- Day 2: Game Drive (3hr), Breakfast, Lunch, Game Drive (3hr), Dinner
- Day 3: Game drive (3hr) or Horseback Safari (1 or 2hr), Breakfast
Includes Beverages on Game Drives only
The Botlierskop Reserve is located in the Outeniqua Mountains and covers 4000 hectares. This malaria free, family run reserve is home to an abundance of animals, including 4 of the 'Big 5'; lions, elephants, buffalo, giraffe, rhino, hippo, rare black impalas as well as unique bird life.
At the Reserve there are 2 swimming pools, tennis courts and a Spa.
- Airport and golf transfers.
Group Transfer package is available at £224pp for all golf and airport transfers. Our driver will stay in the area and this cost includes the driver's accommodation for one week.
Non-Golfer Transfer Package £112pp
- Supplementary transfer costs apply for rest day options.
- Room upgrades - vary by hotel.
- Supplementary golf at George Golf Club - including shared buggies £54pp + £24pp return transfers
- Supplementary golf at Pezula Golf Club - including shared buggies £78pp + £24pp return transfers
- Elephant Reserve £35pp including return transfers
- Single Supplements - vary by hotel:
- Garden Court £59pp per night - standard room
- Fancourt £129pp per night - classic room
- Protea Knysna £59pp per night - Lagoon facing room
- Botlierskop Game Reserve - £129pp per night - luxury tent
Solo golfers, groups and couples and non-golfers are welcomed.