Join Gary at the 5* JJW Penina Hotel and Golf Resort near Alvor, Western Algarve and enjoy an Escorted Golf Coaching Holiday package of a 5* resort hotel + golf + coaching.
Gary is at Penina for 2 weeks in April 2020 and this is the second of the weeks - starting 25/4/20.
Gary has been running his annual April Coaching School at Penina for many years and this is always a popular event. The journey from Faro airport is 1 hour.
Penina was the first golf resort on the Algarve and has lot's of interesting history - including it's association with Henry Cotton, hosting past Portugal Opens and even the Beatles retreated here at the height of their fame! The hotel has been refurbished, but without loosing any of its grand spledour - many of the staff have been here since Gary started using Penina and the service is very attentive.
You will experience a 5* hotel and stay in Mountain View Classic rooms. Upgrades to pool/golf view rooms and suites are available.
The resort has 2 Courses - the Henry Cotton designed Championship course, which you play 3 times and the more straightforward Resort course which you play twice.
The driving range and practice facilities are amongst some of the best you will find.
The 5* facilities include - 4 restaurants and bars in the hotel, the largest pool on the Algarve - surrounded by gardens and the golf course. Apre golf drinks are taken on the attractive Penina patio!
Penina breakfasts, complete with an Egg chef, are amongst the best on the Algarve!
The 3 nights Half Board are in the Sagres buffet restaurant, The Henry Cotton Club bar and the Italian influenced L'Arlechino - our farewell dinner is upgraded to the Grill restaurant. Your package includes drinks with your dinner - water, beer and wine. On other nights Gary will give you the option to dine out in the Alvor area.
Improve your game and spend time with your excellent and highly experienced host Gary Pike.
On the rest day you have the option to play the fabulous San Lorenzo course, which is also owned by JJW Hotels - this is 45 minutes away near Almancil. This is one of the most highly rated courses on the Algarve.
Your host and Advanced PGA coach is Gary Pike. Gary will work with you on the range and hold short game schools - so all aspects of the game are covered. You will all have individual time and play with Gary, plus he is available each day for remedial advice.
You will have 7 nights and 5 days of Golf, with friendly competitions.
Arrive 25th April 2020 - Depart 2nd May 2020 - 7 nights and 5 rounds, with 4 nights Half Board, £1028pp based on 2 sharing includes:
- Full services of Golf to a Tee host
- 4 nights Half Board at 5* Penina, based on 2 sharing a Mountain View Classic room. Room upgrades available. Final night dinner in exclusive Grill restaurant.
- Drinks with dinner - beer, water and wine.
- Golf - 5 rounds - 3 Championship course and 2 on Resort Course
- Daily coaching and range balls
- Welcome drink
- Option of supplementary golf on the rest day at San Lorenzo - charge applies
- Golf to a Tee prizes and daily competitions
- Financial Failure Insurance
The cost excludes:
- Rest day golf - San Lorenzo including 45 min return private golf transfer £139pp. This is a special offer for GTAT clients as the public price green fee alone is £180pp.
- Return Airport Transfers - Group Transfers available at £42pp, based on all being on the same nominated flights or similar times. Supplementary transfers for other flights can be arranged.
- Single supplement for £298pp for 7 nights' single occupancy of a double Classic room.
- Additional nights available
Based on a minimum group size of 7. Max of 11 + Gary.
This event is a mixed event. Solo golfers, groups and couples are welcomed.
Only £100pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon! This is a fabulous opportunity for a 5* escorted golf coaching holiday in winter sun with the highly regarded host Gary Pike. Below is a taste of Gary's experience.
Gary has played golf since the age of 8 and turned professional at 16. He has been personal coach to over 85 professional golfers on all the main tours.
In 2005 Gary was elected as an Advanced Member of the British Professional Golfers Association for his achievements in coaching.
For many years, Gary was Head Coach for the Essex County golf squads and presided over their success in winning the County Championships.
Gary has published over 250 articles on the golf swing and in 2000, Todays’ Golfer magazine recognised Gary as one of the UK’s top 40 coaches.
He is never short of a word of encouragement and loves to play golf with golfers of all levels. His friendly, relaxed coaching style immediately puts pupils at ease so they can enjoy the learning experience.
Gary’s vast experience and credentials also include:
- Senior Assistant Coach to Denis Pugh
- Sports Elite Academy Coach at Alhaurin, Spain (2008-2011)
- European Tour Coach to John Bevan & Dale Whitnell
- Ladies European Tour Coach to Vanessa Bell
- European Senior Tour Coach to John Hudson
- Euro Pro Tour, Jamega & TP Tours Coach to numerous players
- Long Term Personal Coach to Dale Whitnell (England No. 1 in 2009 & former Walker Cup Player)
- Guest speaker at the 2013 conference on coaching elite performance in junior golf
- Currently playing on the Senior Masters Tour & Senior Golf Circuit