5* Fancourt is South Africa’s premier leisure resort and situated in the heart of the Garden Route. It offers an exceptional blend of modern luxury and classic elegance. Just chosen as the World's best golf resort 2018 IGTM!
Our Escorted Garden Route Golf Tour visits Fancourt in Jan high season each year - check out Escorted Golf Holidays pages.
The resort is a few miles from George airport and on the edge of the town of George. Fancourt is superbly landscaped on 613 hectares of lush countryside with the majestic Outeniqua mountains as the perfect backdrop.
Fancourt has a total of 115 guest rooms on offer:
- 24 Classic rooms (32 m2)
- 36 Luxury rooms (40m2)
- 53 One-bedroom suites (58–70m2)
- 2 Two-bedroom suites (86m2)
Or upgrade to the Manor House and enjoy the experience of your own butler!
Rooms are situated around the facilities with views of the golf warm up area, Montagu golf course or beautiful landscaped gardens. All rooms have a balcony and from whichever direction, the views are stunning.
The golf is of a high standard, there are 2 championship Parklands golf courses – The Montagu and The Outeniqua. And as a hotel guest you have access to play golf at The Links, a private membership golf club – the No. 1 rated course in South Africa, handicap restrictions apply.
Fancourt has 2 pro shops and a Golf Academy, with a superb Driving range/Warm-up area.
Dining at Fancourt:
- Monet’s - A new artisan culinary experience set in a Café Bistro style deli restaurant, overlooking the beautiful Outeniqua Fairways.
- La Cantina - Enjoy relaxed family dining with a taste of the Mediterranean at La Cantina. The traditional Italian menu includes a variety of meals, ranging from pasta dishes to succulent steaks. But the warm, inviting atmosphere is not limited to the evening meal as La Cantina serves a full buffet breakfast daily.
- Club Lounge - The Club Lounge serves traditional American-style meals in the clubhouse, as well as on the terrace overlooking the 18th green of the Montagu golf course.
- Henry White’s - With no detail overlooked or effort spared in the dedication to excellence in the culinary arts, Henry White’s proudly presents modern European dining. While staying true to classic wine and gastronomic traditions, the restaurant prides itself on its progressive innovation.
Other Facilities Available:
- Laundry and valet services
- The Spa at Fancourt, incorporating a sauna, steam room, tepidarium, heated indoor Roman bath and Jacuzzi
- Hair salon
- Four tennis courts. Walking/cycling/running trails
- Business lounge
- VIP Airport Lounge at George Airport
- Leisure Centre consisting of an indoor heated family pool, outdoor pool, gymnasium, kids and teen facilities and cinema.