Fly to Cape Town and join an escorted tour of some of the best golf in the Western Cape of South Africa, in warming summer temperatures. This event will be hosted by Terry Rawding.
Arrivals day is 6/1/18, after an overnight flight from the UK. If you prefer to arrive earlier you can be accommodated at Erinvale or in Cape Town. Erinvale is 40mins from Cape Town airport.
You will quickly recover from your travels at relaxing Erinvale, which includes a Spa. This is a boutique hotel in the Erinvale estate in Somerset West, on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountains and surrounded by vineyards. The estate dates back to a Dutch farmstead in the 1700's and the Erinvale golf course, designed by Gary Player has hosted the World Cup of Golf.
There are only 57 rooms and all will be newly refurbished by January 2018. You can relax in the fountain courtyard, surrounded by thatched roof cottages. Or sit by either of the two pools or on the patio, which is the hub of Erinvale. Our clients adore the charm of Erinvale and the service on offer. Dining in is easy, with a choice of the pub menu or the fabulous 1707 menu, but do also let us take you out to dine in our favourite restaurants and winneries in the Somerset West and Stellenbosch areas!
There is time in the schedule for golf and for you to enjoy all of the attractions of Cape Town and the Western Cape or play additional golf! The golf courses are selected to allow you to see the Western Cape and the drives to/from golf, will in themselves be great sightseeing opportunities for golfers and non-golfers.
Only £200pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon!
06/1/18 - Arrival day. Transfers from Cape Town airport. Join us for a Welcome drink and a Braai at Erinvale.
07/1/18 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies
08/1/18 - play Milnerton - includes shared buggies. Play on a links course with one of the finest views of Table Mountain/Cape Town you can imagine. The course is between the Atlantic Ocean and a river!
09/1/18 - play De Zalze - includes shared buggies. In the De Zalze Winelands estate and designed by Pete Matkovich the designer of Pinnacle Point and Leopard Rock.
10/1/18 - come with us Wine Tasting and take a chance to have some rest.
11/1/18 - a full rest day and supplementary transfers can be organised to Cape Town. Or if you prefer more golf this can be arranged at Royal Cape.
12/1/18 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies
13/1/18 - a full rest day and supplementary transfers can be organised to Cape Town. Or if you prefer more golf this can be arranged at Pearl Valley.
14/1/18 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies. Join our Farewell Dinner, includes wine with dinner.
15/1/18 - Departure day. Transfers to Cape Town or Cape Town Airport.
Option 1 - 9 nights at 4* Erinvale, 2 dinners, 5 rounds Golfer package from £1,399pp lots more included - buggies, some dinners, wine visits etc.
Based on 2 persons sharing a twin Courtyard loft room.
Non-Golfer prices are available.
Supplements apply for Courtyard, Courtyard Luxury and Garden Loft rooms. See Room Descriptions below.
Play - Erinvale x 3, De Zalze and Milnerton courses. With more playing opportunities on rest days.
Option 2 — from 15/1/18 stay longer in the Cape Town area
We can offer a choice of hotels. Stay on The Waterfront or let us recommend a 4* hotel away from the hustle & bustle of the Waterfront, but with free Waterfront transfers.
Airport and golf transfers. Transfer package is available at £124pp for all golf and airport transfers. Supplementary transfer costs apply for rest day golf and Cape Town transfers.
Room upgrades - vary for Courtyard, Courtyard Luxury and Garden Loft Rooms etc.
Single Supplements £48pp per night
Additional nights B&B £74pp based on 2 sharing
Based on a minimum group size of 8 golfers & a maximum of 20.
Solo golfers, groups and couples and non-golfers are welcomed.
Erinvale Room Descriptions:
- Courtyard Loft rooms (standard) exude a rustic charm in its peaceful setting. Mostly housed in the rendered historic building, the majority of the Courtyard rooms have high thatched roofs. No upgrade cost.
- Courtyard Luxury rooms are situated on the ground floor of the hotel’s historic main building, leading directly onto charming garden patios, and overlooks the central courtyard. £30 per room per night, so £15pp per night based on 2 sharing.
- Upstairs Courtyard rooms all with en-suite bathrooms, are situated on the Eastern side of the property’s main building complex, overlooking the hotel’s beautiful central courtyard with a bubbling water fountain. £56 per room per night, so £28pp per night based on 2 sharing.
- Courtyard Terrace rooms offer the light and spacious recently refurbished Courtyard Terrace rooms that leads out to their own patios overlooking the lovely central hotel courtyard. £66 per room per night, so £33pp per night based on 2 sharing.
- Garden Loft rooms are situated on the Northern side of the hotel property on the first floor of this wing, overlooking the garden and spa pool area. It faces the majestic Helderberg Mountain and thus offers lovely mountain views. £56 per room per night, so £28pp per night based on 2 sharing.